Labor is by far the largest controllable expense for a store. So creating the right schedule is a critical factor in store success. But it is easier said than done, especially when there is time pressure to get back on the sales floor. Building a great scheduled requires knowing:
- When are peak customer times across the week?
- Are there certain hours or days where sales have lagged even when customers are there?
- What is the best mix of associates for each day and shift?
- Which associates are best at which roles? Selling? Operations? Merchandising, etc?
- How much time should I devote to selling, merchandising, fulfillment, and cleaning activities each week, day, and shift?
- Who is available to work and when?
With a smaller team to manage and more tasks to complete, a Store Manager simply does not have enough time to focus on answering all these questions and turning them into an optimal schedule. As a result, the fastest path to a schedule is copying last week’s and pasting it into Excel. That’s hardly the best way to allocate the largest operational expense a store has!
That’s where Intelligent Scheduling helps. Intelligent Scheduling provides Store Managers with the tools they need to create the right schedules in minutes. The results – key activities are accounted for in the schedule creation process, the right amount of labor is balanced across selling and operational tasks, labor budgets are maintained, and each shift is best positioned to achieve success.
Read below to learn how Intelligent Scheduling helps Store Managers create schedules that drive efficiency, smarter decisions, and agility during each shift.